View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 10:18 AM   #9
impboy

Honestly?...

I love the 550 Spyder inspired design much more than the 911. A Boxster has beautiful curves unlike just about every car produced that has hard edges in the body (i.e. BMW Z3).

Yes, a 911 is a better performing car in stock form (and probably modified too). Yes, you can get a 911 in a cabriolet. Yes, I only paid $18k for an '01 Boxster with 27k miles. But if I had my choice between a 911 and a Box with everything else being equal, I'd take a Box any day.

I like my Box because I sit about 4 inches off the ground and I feel like I'm in a kart on steroids. I like my Box because it's small and not a big GT type car. I LOVE how easy most repairs are on this car and I can do them myself. In the nearly 2 years I've had this car, it's been anything buy a money pit and hasn't required a "tremendous budget" to maintain. This is my daily driver too.

I've heard how the Box is the poor man's Porsche or a chick car, though I've seen very few women driving them. Don't care....don't care....don't care. It's a great car with great lines and it gives a great driving experience.

But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Last edited by impboy; 04-22-2009 at 03:32 PM.
impboy is offline   Reply With Quote