View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 09:43 AM   #6
ekam

Not exactly. The 911 is too mature of a car for young guy like me. I didn't care about Porsches or Boxsters before. I like cars, a self-proclaimed car enthusiast. I just knew I can't go wrong with a mid-engine car.

Going to local PCA meet is a strange experience for me, meeting all these 911 guys in mid-life crisis. They must be wondering how I got the car, maybe my parents let me borrow it for a drive.

Buying a 911 to most people is an event in itself. It means you got money, you want other people to know it and don't care about paying for one. It's the ultimate status symbol & prestige.

I hate to sound shallow, but this is what the general public perceive you driving in that car.

Just like some guy said in another forum, "I bought it just so when people ask me what car I drive, I tell them I drive a 911." At least he was honest.

Then again there's a whole flock of people who couldn't afford a Porsche before, but now they can due to the suffering car market. I guess I'd fit in that group since I just got mine about a year ago.

Then again what do I know, my last car was a Toyota Camry.

Last edited by ekam; 04-22-2009 at 09:46 AM.
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote