View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 09:21 AM   #3
jwade

I bought my 986 S because I love the balance of the car, mid engine design, and overall physical aesthetics.

Additionally, I have always wanted to see if Porsche engineering was all that....well, IT IS and the car performs like no other I have ever driven.

Having said that, I purchased preowned to save myself the agony of serious depreciation, especially in this economic climate, but to also explore the Porsche brand with a little more conservative attitude.

You just have to know that even though these boxsters are less expensive than the 911's of same vintage, alot of the parts in 996 and 986 are interchangable.

Maybe someday I will get a 911, but it would be a cabrio as I love open air. They are hard to justify the expense though, and not just the initial purchase price, but also you need to factor in monthly insurance and the general maintenance, which unfortunately, is not like owning a Honda.

The boxtser is what got Porsche out of certain financial death too back in the 90's....so people should think twice about throwing up a nose at the car.

The boxster model is why Porschophiles can still purchase a 911 today. If they hadn't created the 986 series, then Porsche as a company might have become a thing of the past....and tell me how much that would suck???

'01 S - Guards Red / Beige - Surrendered - 04.18.12
jwade is offline   Reply With Quote