View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 05:53 AM   #2
23109VC

my door handles had some white resideue on the edges - I determined it was wax or some other substance that had built up and left a white chalky coating.

some qtips, elbow grease, and some nonabrasive cleaner took it offf.

are you actually having paint flake off or could it be some substance just stuck onto hte paint that might be removed? jus a suggestion before you go to the trouble of painting.

point of clarification - do you mean the flat part that you see when you look at hte handle - or do you mean the skinny edges that are somewhat recessed inside the door mechanism when the handleis not being pulled? if it's the latter - that's an area that never gets touched - but m ight have some rubbing against the door mechanism as it's opened/closed.

if you wedged it open, you could probably brush it with some kind of paint pen, touch up system, and let it dry thoroughly before you unwedged itg and let it go back to it's resting position. but i'd want to make sure you only put a small coat of paint and let it dry thoroughly so you dind't get too much paint built up that would smudge/smear when you let hte door handle go back down...

any pics of this problem?
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote