View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 11:08 AM   #23
cfos

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCats
What would you do if you woke up tommorrow and all of the Boxsters have disappeared from the planet ? The good news is, a check in the amount of the fair market value of your car has been deposited in your bank account. So, what would you replace it with ? There is a catch, though. Your replacement vehicle has to have back seats ( oh, I forgot to mention, you also woke up and found out you have a newborn baby girl ).

Here are some of the models I have been considering :

Audi A5 - Pro : Beautiful Car Con : Expensive for what it is
BMW 335i Coupe - Pro : 300 hp Con : Boring interior
Infiniti G37 - Pro : It's not German Con : It's not German
Mercedes CLK - Pro : Classy Con : Kind of a chick car
Porsche 911 - Pro : It's a Porsche Con : Tiny back seats

Thoughts ?

Nick

By the way - I bought my Boxster 3 years ago today
FWIW, I opted for the 911. I'll likely opt for the Graco:

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997/121917-loosing-my-mind-infant-car-seat-quest-2.html

having said that, I like the A5, would consider an S5. Would also consider an A4/S4 or RS4 (if going spendy). I felt the the G35 back seats were about as comfortable as the Audi TT that has backseats. Maybe, slightly more room than a Carrera, but you are NOT fitting an adult comfortably, IMO. We have a Mini Cooper S that is functional. Not comfortable with a rear-facing seat (for passenger) but it is only a year and we don't go on to many Griswald familay vacations, so we are biding our time until 1year and forward facing. I like Mercedes, but if you do have the alternate car then this is relatively moot unless you have come down with car ADD. :dunno
Thanks,