View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 06:38 PM   #6
Immortal1520

It depends where you live, your experience with driving and how you drive in general. While it is true that the Tiptronic does sap a bit of power from the engine, it's still quite a fun car to drive. Though, I will concede that a straight-six does sound a little better than the flat-six in my Boxster.

If you're currently living in an area where you can really cut loose on corners and go fast(like a mountain road, or Dubai.. lol), you'd be a fool not to go with a Boxster in Manual. You can really exploit the engine's power and balance in an area like that. Though, I'd consider Auto if you were like me and you live in an urban, traffic-heavy area where it's next to impossible to drive. Currently, I'm driving an 04 Tip, and it's great. I love it.

I've driven a Z4 a couple times, and it seems to be tailored to those who want to wrestle the car down into submission. It's easy to say that it doesn't handle as well as the Boxster, but that's not necessarily the case. You'll have to work a little more to keep it stable, which can sound bad, but also very entertaining at the same time. So if you've had some experience with driving these cars, this will be a lot more entertaining to drive. It's a little more rugged than classy.

I was in the same boat as you a while ago, and the main thing that really pulled me away from the Z4 was the suspension in it. Maybe I drove a faulty model, but it was such a shaky and bumpy ride in comparison to the Boxster. As soon as I drove past a couple train tracks, I knew that this car just wasn't for me. I didn't feel like shattering my spine into a million pieces everytime I'd drive. While the Z4 does make a nicer sound and has a prettier interior, it rides like an American car. Which makes sense, considering the pre-09 models are made in South Carolina.

Pretty much, both cars have their ups and downs. I can understand why someone would buy a Z4 though. I'd take the Boxster anyday of the week, but that should be expected considering what kind of forum this is.
Immortal1520 is offline   Reply With Quote