View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 03:52 PM   #8
jhandy

23109VC, this is what I would do...

Buy the Max speed headers ONLY if you have CATS on the headers as the standard setup.

The cheap China knock offs will give you a CEL and a huge headache if you have CATS in the headers.
Also I have read the the china headers can set fire to your car because the are NOT ceramic coated and get red hot, and they get real close to the Power stering lines. then bam, no more car.
So wire the hose away, wrap the headers, and that is the best you can do.

Or just pay the 600$ for the maxspeed,
Then, go to a muffler shop that you trust and ask them to build you a cat delete pipe, maybe 100$ in cost, the problem is that it illegal for them to do this because it deletes the CATS and Obama gets mad at that. I suppose you could just take off the pipes and have them fab one from that.
Then get a drill and drill out the muffler like a previous post. The muffler DID NOT add any HP, or it was so small I could not tell. The advantage is the sound and the loss of about 40 LBS.

so you could have a safe and effective set up for 7-800$
The intake added a few noticable HP but what a pain in the rear to install. Never will I do that again.

James
Pedro rear stabilizer bar, CF strut braces, Maxspeed headers with 100 cell cats, Fabspeed cat bypass pipes, H&R springs with M030 setup, TRG rear links, EVO air intake, B&M Short shift kit, Raby IMS upgrade, Raby underdrive pulley
jhandy is offline   Reply With Quote