View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 11:44 PM   #14
Immortal1520

The easy answer would be to go for a 911, but considering I bought an 04 Box at around 25k... I can't imagine getting a 911 for 25k that wasn't riddled with problems and covered in a cloud of smoke most of the time. To an extent, it's the same with an M3 as well.

Considering that I'll have a kid in the back, anything with a high level of torque is out of the question. I don't feel like catapulting my child through the windshield. Even if he or she is crying a lot. If I'm going about as a family, I'd like to go about in something classy. And usually when I think classy, I think Mercedes. And I'd easily take a Merc CLK.

Sure, Merc's are a bit on the heavy side and don't growl like their other German bretheren. But who cares? You're taking your family around, you don't need to worry about going at a screamingly fast speed. Instead, you want them to enjoy a nice, luxurious ride. A CLK can do that for you, and considering that I could buy a somewhat-new one for the same price that I got my Boxster for... and I'm lacking the financial funds to get another car, I'd take the CLK as a replacement.

Or, I could always sell that newborn on eBay and get a Cayman/Carrera, haha. Totally kidding.
Immortal1520 is offline   Reply With Quote