View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 07:36 PM   #10
Gent

So, not a MAF problem in my case. I asked them to drop me an email with the details, since we were all in a rush when I picked up the car. Obviously, I didn't do the Inquisition thing either, lol.

Forgive any paraphrasing I do here. The code behind my CEL had to do with a perceived low airflow that apparently barely registered, but tripped the CEL and would likely have cleared itself shortly anyway.

They went through the car top to bottom, including running a test with a couple of psi in Nitrogen designed to help them find any leaks in the system (which the car passed).

Once they were satisfied, they reset it for me, gave me a call and I picked it up. No charge.

I'm not an automotive neophyte, and I still say this is a good shop with knowledgeable staff and ethical management.

I'll get the details (probably tomorrow), and post them.

Legume, maybe you can get Alfred to lay out (in an email) what they checked and the options for you? I know he throws out a lot of info very quickly. I highly doubt that the work was poor or that you are being taken for a ride.
Gent is offline   Reply With Quote