View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 10:00 PM   #18
boxster7614

My top was replaced under waranty from porsche because of the cracking issue in plastic window. Manual says don't lower top below zero, dealer told me don't do it under 40. it was probably around 45 when it cracked. They replaced it but made me sign a document saying it was operator error and not a defect. I think they don't want it to be on their quality reports to keep there numbers up. I signed what ever, seeing how I only had another 2000 miles left under waranty anyway. Well 2.5 years latter and the top cracked again this time it was around 75 degrees out. I was sick of splitting windows and doing the chop. so I replaced mine with a robins top with glass window. it took me around 7 hrs to take old top off and put new one on. this was in the fall it was great all winter but..... come spring when we hit 80 degrees the glue heated up and seperated around rear window. I called robins and they said they had some bad glue that went out. They sent me a new top and they would of paid to have it put on if I would of had a shop do it. It only took me about 5 hrs the second time to change it. The new top now has 1 summer and a winter on it and it seems to be great. I love the defroster in the winter. The glass window takes some getting use to because it is smaller to view out of than the plastic. best part is no more chop it fold that stupid plastic window. Anyways Gahh arn't the only ones robbins will take care of you. I got mine from tops online around $700 shipped to my door.
boxster7614 is offline   Reply With Quote