View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 03:26 AM   #38
coreseller

Back to the OP....I believe the above banter from both teenagers and older "seasoned" members is pretty illustrative as to whether or not to give / lend / trust your 16 year old with a Boxster. I've got a few kids, they're all different and will be trusted accordingly, none of them will get sports cars to drive right off....period. If they want a sports car they can go out and earn it later in life, it will likely be more appreciated then. Nothing will be given to them with a bow on it either, there will be conditions and rules, violating said rules (if I catch them, we were all 16 once) will result in the forfeiture of their driving my car....period. In Ohio, driving is a priviledge, not a right, if the parent or guardian does not sign off on the driver's license the kid cannot drive until the age of 18. My job as a parent is not to be cool, it is to raise the kids well, provide for them, help educate them and lead by example. Any exposure or experience to sport cars is purely a bonus....lol.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote