View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 04:26 PM   #31
fragdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3000
I'll add that most bad teen driving I see is when a teen is on a cell phone or driving with 3+ other people in their car. A Boxster can get rid off both of those problems.
If you have a manual you can't really pull off talking on a phone most of the time, and because it only has two seats their is only one person to distract the driver.

I think it is ultimately up to parents to know their kids well enough to decide if they are responsible enough to drive a car like the Boxster.
Just to play devils advocate, every car I personally have purchased has had a manual transmission and it has never stopped me from talking on my cell phone...

However, I basically emulated the habits taken by my parents (father in particular) who always does something while driving. I also learned that there is a limit as to what you can do while driving (mainly because I was scared when he was behind the wheel), something my father hasn't quite figured out yet...

But I do agree that having 1 other seat in the car is less dangerous than 4 others.

Tell him NOT TO TEXT while driving!!!!! Much more dangerous than talking!
and if he does talk pay more attention to the road than the conversation!

2002 Boxster S 6 Speed (Ocean Blue/Savannah)
-De-Snorkled, Porsche (B&M) Short Shifter, EVO Shift Linkage
-H7 HID Upgrade
-Rennwerke Maintained
1998 Bouvier (Brindle)

http://inlinethumb03.webshots.com/42...425x425Q85.jpg
fragdude is offline   Reply With Quote