View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 12:49 PM   #27
coreseller

Taking the teen for ax and driving lessons with the boxster would be a good thing.. my mom did it differently when we got my car. We drove from Chicago, IL to Cincinnati, OH to pick up the car from an Alderman of Cincinnati who sold us the car. My mom was driving her 2000 Pontiac GTP (Supercharged) and I in the Boxster. Before we got onto the expressway, she told me to follow her at all times. We hopped onto the expressway and my mom took off weaving in and out of traffic at 100mph when the flow was about 65-70mph... I had to pursue or loose her. Driving those first 15 miles like that taught me a lot about the car we bought 30 min previous.. the best 243 miles I ever drove.

If anyone has any questions, I would happily oblige and answer them to the best of my abilities as I am a teen.

Adam[/QUOTE]

If the above is true and you and your mother were indeed weaving in and out of 65 to 70 mph traffic at 100 mph, I truly doubt anyone here trying to talk sense will have much of an impact on you. Insurance rates are based on actuarial tables, teenage drivers are simply much more prone to have accidents, if you don't believe that and still maintain the rates are simply there "to screw teenagers" you truly have your head in the sand. Oh, and BTW....I'm judgemental of others all the time and it is always based upon their behavior, if I would of seen a pair of cars driving wrecklessly as you described above I would of blown you in via cell phone. I could go on for awhile but I doubt it would result in anything other than a flame war. Just speaking my mind as to the truth as I see it......Mark.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote