View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 11:06 AM   #26
PlayersExpress

Yes I am very defensive because Ive come up in a stereotypical, biased world that say I cant do something, that I and others like me are something or cant do something because we are too young and inexperienced.

I am told I cant drive a car because Im inexperienced. Wrong, some people have a lot higher learning curve than most other people. You cant judge a person by there cover and your abilities and standards. Everyone is different.

Im young and Im told to go to college so I can get a good job working for someone else. Wrong. I own two start up companies, and people look at me, tell me, or even think to themselves.. that Im not going to make it or that Im too young and dumb.

The reason insurance rates are so high is that they are biased against teens, if you go look up statistics you will see that older drivers 55+ have the same rate of accidents and even higher than teens, yet their insurance is less. Insurance is a BUSINESS MEANT TO MAKE A PROFIT... they make it from teens. Essentially they screw teens because they are already biased against from day one of driving so therefore it is easy to use that as cover charge higher rates, and the best part about it ... TEENS HAVE TO PAY! Every teen wants to drive and if it cost them $600 a year more than their parents, they will pay it to drive.. and even if you complain, you cant change the system. They have what you want and need required by law to drive. If you disagree with me, feel free to go look up statistics, facts, and reports that are all free information online and offline. I already have, my final project for a Sociology class was on this specific topic about teen drivers, insurance, and safety.

Cheers,

Adam
PlayersExpress is offline   Reply With Quote