View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 12:12 AM   #17
coreseller

Mostly how I feel has been covered with prior posts. Teen responsibility runs all over the place, but I think that in most cases (especially with males) a sports car at 16 is a bad idea. Not just because of the temptation to drive fast / aggressively, but mainly because of plain old inexperience. When you up the ante by introducing a sports car with higher power and handling limits, you also up the ramifications for mistakes. Also remember that you as a parent could be held responsible for your kid's driving mishaps, especially if the car is in your name. I drive a newer GTO as a daily driver, it is my second one. About a year and a half back a 16 year old pulled directly out in front of me while on his cell phone, I had nowhere to go but directly into the side of his parents newer Explorer. Luckily noone got hurt, after talking to him I got the impression he was a pretty good kid, just wasn't thinking for a split second and the end result was 2 totalled cars. He had his license for all of 4 days.

Last edited by coreseller; 04-06-2009 at 12:56 AM.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote