View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 11:03 AM   #10
Jaxonalden

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvhs18472
Becks are completely built cars. Tube frame and such. They are not just a fiberglass kit car on a VW chassis. I have loved these for awhile also. If it about the speed, there are some VW engines that pit out a lot more HP than our Boxsters. I drove one once and it handled well but felt more like my 64B than it did my Boxster. If I wasn't so old I would be saving up for one now. Ed

I've been a VW fan since 14 when I bought my first car, a '69 bug. After reading their website, http://www.beckspeedster.com/images/Speedster_PDF_Pack_08.pdf , these cars are just that, a fiberglass kit car on a VW pan. When you buy a rolling chassis($26,000 and no motor) they run standard ratio swing axles (pre '69) not IRS! If you want a freeway flier thats extra? That tells me the trans-axles are coming out of a salvage yard. $19,000 and I "The builder need only supply the engine of his choosing, a transaxle, minor suspension components, wheels, tires, fluids, lighting, and some hardware."? For $19,000?

You also say there are VW engines that put out more HP than our Boxsters? To do that, they're turbocharged full race engines pumped up to 2.8-3.2 liters, in a four cylinder format! BIG bucks. I've owned and still do have hopped up bugs. The turbos run HOT! And my latest 1776cc is the perfect streetable engine.

For the price, I'll stick with my VW's.

P.S. Quote Ekam, "At 1600lbs, even with 150hp engine it literally equals to 300hp on a new 3000lb+ boxster!"

True, until you put it into a wall. :ah:

Last edited by Jaxonalden; 04-05-2009 at 01:43 PM.
Jaxonalden is offline   Reply With Quote