View Single Post
Old 04-26-2005, 03:05 PM   #8
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Thumbs up Top On The Way

I ordered a glass-window top from GAHH today for my 2000 Box . It was $960 + $84 (Gray) + shipping to NC. Total = $1094. They also sell a slightly less expensive glass-window top ($140 or $160 less). The installer gave me a quote for $520 to put the top on. So, I will have $1600 in the top, but I think it is well worth the cost for several reasons. 1) I wanted a gray top from the beginning to go with my white exterior and gray interior. I bought the car about 6 months ago and couldn't find everything I was looking for with the desired color combination. 2) I dislike being so careful with lowering the top with regard to ambient temperature and doing the "chop". What's the use of having an auto-lowering top if you have to get out of the car and whack the middle of the window? I feel like an idiot doing this in front of others. 3) I missed not having a rear-window defroster. My original factory black top is still in good shape, and who knows how long it would have lasted. I hope to have the top by Friday and to have it installed next week if I'm lucky. The shop won't pencil me in until I have the top in hand. I have other parts to install such as Litronics, etc., so I will post pictures when I get the car presentable for top-down season.

ddb
ddb is offline   Reply With Quote