View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 04:36 PM   #52
releese78

I'm gonna throw something out there and hope I don't get trashed too much for this!

Coming from a drag-racing Mustang builder, I have always been partial to BFG's for the best "all around street-tire". I even used these on my truck when I wanted an all-terrain tread. The only time I strayed was to use Nitto Drag Radials for a few years on my street/strip car, and these were outstanding. Cant say so much for their passenger tires though because I've been there with my work car.

When I bought my latest wheels for the Box, I shopped around for BFG's, but wasn't impressed so much with the price. I have read/heard tons of good things about other tire manufacturers as well.

Being that I only drive this car on weekend trips, or local errands, treadware was not an issue. I like to "floor-it" from light to light and haul ass around corners. I figure, they will dryrot before I ever burn them up.

After tons of research and consideration, I took a chance and bought the cheapest "crap" I could find.

Much to my surprise, these damn things stick like nobody's business!!! I ended up with Nankings. They were the cheapest and damn I am impressed. No noise, good ride and insane grip around corners. Wet traction (I live in Florida, lol) is much better than expected as well.

Just a thought. I'm sure you will be happy with whatever you end up going with.
releese78 is offline   Reply With Quote