View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 06:59 AM   #6
Wingnut2u

My answer would be an emphatic yes, get a warranty. You have an older model high performance car. It is almost all but guaranteed that something will happen during your time of ownership. I have had my 2001 Boxster S which now has 66k miles for a year and half and it has gone in for RMS and for leaking spark plug tubes. The warranty has already paid for itself and I still have 34k miles to go. To me you are gambling to save $100's when the additional costs could easily be in the $1,000's if you do not have an extended warranty.

FWIW I got my warranty through Continental Warranty and they have paid for 100% of the cost and I have all of my work done at RUF.

For me the warranty was the smartest thing I did. Plus you can pay in installments, which is just the same as putting away a little each month for future repairs but this way you know that you contribution will top out at $3k. It sure beats that sick to your stomach feeling if the car blows up and you do not have insurance. Insurance is not something you buy to make money but to protect yourself from catastrophic loss, like a blown engine, RMS, IMS etc., all things that are common on a Porsche

Just my $.02