View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 05:06 AM   #26
Jake Raby
Engine Surgeon

First off: What we are offering isn't a "rebuilt engine". Its a fully updated engine with race quality parts in it's composition that far exceed those of the factory... Some of the parts are actually Aerospace quality!

What has gotten Porsche into this whole mess with engine failures is being way too concerned with price.. There is a cost thats required when taking the engine to the level that we are and there is no way to avoid it.

Most every engine I have built over the last decade has cost more to create than the car that it is installed into and on top of that, you must remember that this is a Porsche, a name synonomous with reliability, longevity, performance and cost, historically.

I'd love to be able to offer these engines for a better price, but there is only one way this will occur and thats through the education of the Owners and empowering them, as well as their local technicians with the ability to assemble the engines themselves using our components, tools and processes. This is the main objective with stage II of our program. We are in process with this now, but its proving difficult as we have to create all directives from scratch including illustrations, DVDs and etc, all of this is in addition to designing the engine components, testing them and applying them.

The labor associated with assembling an M96 is extensive. I am in the middle of assembling a 2.9 now and have a solid week of 10 hour days in it's assembly and thats not cheap(thats a 7 day week, not a 5 day week)! Hell, just washing the components and inspecting them takes two solid days!

There are already some outfits with lesser reputations that are "rebuilding" the engines using no updates or updates without any development behind them. These places have done similar things to the 911 engine, and other engines in the past and they will fill a certain void that our program will not. Due to their inadequacies these companies already have reputations that precede them and their images are so tarnished that the only thing that will sell their engines is a cheap price...

The only way the M96 engine can be updated to a level that supersedes that of the factory is to empower the Owners of the cars with the ability to assemble what we have created themselves. In my aircooled world I have been providing well engineered and proven combinations that have been assembled successfully by people that didn't even own a tool box previously for almost a decade, some of these engines produce 125+% more power than the stock base engine that originated as... We can do the same with the M96, its just a long and very painful process to do correctly.

Last edited by Jake Raby; 03-26-2009 at 05:11 AM.
Jake Raby is offline   Reply With Quote