View Single Post
Old 04-24-2005, 02:48 PM   #7
Brucelee

Talking

I am actually a Porsche used car dealer, so I have not had any for a ton of time. However, since I have owned so many with varying miles, I have a sense of how they will fair over time.

On balance, a Boxster can be a very reliable car that does not require tons of maint. However, it is very important to shop carefully for a used Box. If the Box has been abused and/or neglected, it can become a financial burden very quickly.

I would be happy to chat with you some time about what to look for and how to look at a used Box. Time, patience and knowledge will all help make sure yours is positive experience.

Regarding snow, the biggest issue is the height of the snow. The Box is a low car and can get stuck if the snow is high enough to suspend it.

Regarding traction, the mid engine is very good here, and a good set of Artic Alpins or similar quality snows all around will hold you in good stead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerRhett
Brucelee,

Has your Boxster been a pillar of reliability? How many miles have you put on yours?
I can only handle working on one car at a time (and that is the 914)...

I am only concerned about snow driving, so I will need new wheels and tires for the winder months...which I can live with.

I am very capable on the end of a wrench, so I won't mind doing the easy stuff myself.
Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote