View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 08:50 PM   #2
bkiersz

I had a 1989 Mustang convertible that I installed NOS on and it was awesome. At the time was only $400 for 100hp. Couldn't beat it. Dry system of course. Huge difference. I had an offroad H-Pipe with Flowmasters, Southside liftt bars, and I changed the gear from the stock 2:73 to a 3:73. Alas, the output was too much for the weak factory AOD transmission. It blew with two weeks left on the powertrain warranty. I removed the system and had the transmission replaced. I opted to leave the NOS off after the repair.

I think that you'll find that most of the members here have accepted the fact that the Boxster is not a 1/4 mile car. We don't try to compete with the WRX's and Lancer Evolutions in a straight line race. Give us some twists and turns, different story...

I think with a dry system and short bursts every now and then you'll be fine. I thought about it briefly, but even with an extra 50hp my 2.7 isn't going to be a giant slayer. The risk/reward wasn't worth it to me, but I can see why it would be interesting for some.
bkiersz is offline   Reply With Quote