View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 06:07 PM   #1
clb0099

A little bad luck turned out Good

Well,

I had been thinking of replacing my convertible top cause the back window seams where coming apart in certain areas but nothing crazy. I was going to hold off and do it next year since I had done enough mods for this yr. Well my luck is not so good... As it seemed like a warm enough day to put the top down and even at that I had the
heat in the car on before i put the top down so that my rear window would not crack if it was cold. Well after saying this .. sure as **************** it crack right down the middle.

To say I was pissed is kinda of an understatement . I , then put up the top and saw how bad the crack was.. it is bad.. With that I started my search on ebay for a new top with either the plastic or glass. I ended up seeing this one auction for a top that had the plastic rear window that was green tinted. I was not really into that but I decided to email him and see if he had other options. He was good enough to tell me that he could change the rear window to the follow colors: limo,smoke,or clear. He had the top listed for 279 and took off $14.00 which was for the green tinted window option. He then explained to me that if i wanted the limo,smoke, that would be an extra $25.00.

I decided on the smoke rear window and he sent me a invoice via paypal. Now the question was who could I find to install it as I want nothing to do with that task. I checked the local pages for places in my surrounding areas who did convertible tops. I must have called 20 places and got prices ranging from 550-1300. Those were prices with me supplying the top. Then forget about the prices for them to get a top and install.. went from 1300-2000. The 1300-1500 was just for the plastic rear window and the 1500-2000 price was for the glass window. I decided to call one more place nearby and see if they installed convertible tops. The guy was pretty cool and told me if i supplied the top he would charge me 300 and that it would be all day process. Anyone that needs the top guy or installer's info please contact me. Also I decided against the glass window cause I have a hard top already and I like the convertible top/plastic window look.
clb0099 is offline   Reply With Quote