View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 11:18 AM   #3
jjanari

I just replaced my plugs and tubes.

I went with the OEM Berus since a lot of folks seem to recommend them. But at around $15 per plug, I have to wonder whether going with the other recommended (and cheaper) plug - Bosch, iirc, is just fine. I suspect that it would be.

Honestly, I don't remember the gapping on the berus, they are four prongs, so I don't have the proper gapping tool to even check them (i.e. wire style guage) assuming they can be gapped like traditional plugs give their config; I believe they're suppose to be pre-gapped. although it's good to check the gap anyways, if possible, I've had no problems since install, i.e. such as misfire, hesitation, etc.

As far as the o-rings and tubes are concerned, there is no need to replace them if they're not leaking, imho. You can check by looking around the coil packs to see if there is any leaking oil. In my case, it was pretty obvious almost all of them were leaking (i have around 90k on mine), so I replaced them all. Otherwise, if they're not leaking, I wouldn't bother with them because the tubes and o-rings are another $30 or $40 bucks. In actuality, I don't even think the plastic tubes themselves go bad, but the o-rings on the tubes.

As far as brakes, I can't help you that much since I just went with a regular street pad, pagids, which seem good enough for my use.
jjanari is offline   Reply With Quote