View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 08:10 AM   #13
Lil bastard

I think I've purchased something from each of the guys listed here and add Eagle-Day and even Bavarian Auto (mainly BMW and Mini) to the mix.

Each of these has had the 'best' price on one item or the other and I've been willing to do the legwork to get the best price. My motivation is price, not convenience. Over time, the few pennies here and there have added up.

Others may not have the time or inclination to do this and that's OK too.

Of all the vendors mentioned, from my own experiences, if I had to choose one to do business with exclusively, it'd be either Sunset or Paragon.

Again, from my own experiences, if I had to caution someone about which places to stay away from, it'd be Eagle-Day or Suncoast.

A few years ago when I was looking for an M030 S front sway bar, Suncoast sent me an e- flyer advertising some kind of 7-day special on all parts - free shipping, $20 off, or something like that, I don't exactly remember. I called them to inquire about the part and was given a price and told the item was in stock and could be shipped same day. I still had not checked Sunset, so told them I'd call the next day to order. Sunset's price wasn't as good, so I called Suncoast back (16 hrs. later) to order. When I did, they told me the price for the part had jumped 75% overnight! The Parts guy simply said:"You should have ordered it yesterday" !

Eventually, I got to a Mgr. and he basically said the same thing. I replied that if they had had to order the part from the warehouse, I could understand the price increase. But as they told me the part was already in their inventory after quoting a price, that they were simply upcharging me.

The long and short of it was the Mgr. finally said that if I were willing to send him an email acknowledging Suncoast's right to raise prices whenever they wished at any time (stating the obvious as it were), that he'd sell me the part for the 'previous' price.

Since I didn't see any principles being compromised here, and since the savings was more than $100, I sent him the email and got the part. But, I've never done business with them since and probably won't.
1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote