View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 09:58 AM   #6
Mike_Yi

I just wanna give some feedback on Suncoast & Sunset. I used to buy my parts from Suncoast. Now I only buy from Sunset.

I had a problem when I ordered something from Suncoast. It was some tape for the weatherstripping on my hardtop. I had had my hardtop repainted late last year, and was trying to get it put back together before it started snowing. When I talked to the guy at Suncoast, he told me the tape came in a roll 9' long. When I got it, the roll was 26" long. I called back to find out what the deal was. The first roll had taken two weeks to show up as it had to be special ordered. Of course, I was in a big hurry since it was very late in the year. I was sure it would snow in two weeks time. I told them I was in a hurry and asked them to check out the situation. If I needed to order more, I needed to get it done ASAP. That's why I needed to know if I got the right part, or if there was just a misunderstanding about the length of the roll. I called them back around 5 times leaving messages. I even talked to somebody in parts. They said everybody else was out to lunch. She would have the MGR call me back as soon as he got back. He never called. I never, ever received a call back.

I ordered the additional tape from Sunset and got it really quickly. IMO, Sunset's customer service is better, and generally their prices are better.
Mike_Yi is offline   Reply With Quote