View Single Post
Old 04-21-2005, 10:01 AM   #14
Lux

Negative camber is your friend for cornering. You get maximum contact patch in corners. But if you do a lot of straight line driving, then obviously you're gonna pay the price with the inside tires wearing more rapidly. This isn't entirely due to the negative camber though. The Boxster has a bit of weight over the rear tires and this will also affect tire wear. Go see how fast a 911 burns thru tires!

I believe there are camber kits out there. Usually it's to get more camber so I don't know if they allow a lowered car to get less. Keep in mind that the camber change is a trait of the Macpherson design.

Like I mentioned in another thread, I wasted my rear tires at 10K miles and I'm on stock height. What I should have done was rotate the tires at 5K to get more mileage. I will definitely be doing this from now on...but 15K miles on performance tires is about normal for me.

BTW, keep in mind that the Euro version of our cars (along with BMW's, etc). are all lower than the US counterpart. This is because of bumper height requirements. So lowering it 1" is more akin to the original design...in a sense.

-

Last edited by Lux; 04-21-2005 at 10:04 AM.
Lux is offline   Reply With Quote