View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 06:34 PM   #20
Jake Raby
Engine Surgeon

Lots of things happen when a 3rd party is able to test these components... My primary goal was to investigate the best bolt ons for our much larger engines, like the 3.6 big bore that starts life as a 3.2

From what I have seen the 2.5 has a ton of capability for added performance, more so than any other engine in stock form. We are now at over 200RWHP from an internally bone stock 2.5 and guess what, the car is fastest with the stock muffler.

The .7 hasn't seen as much effort from my crew yet, but it comes next.
I have put over 100 dyno pulls on a 3.2S in the past 10 days and my results rival that of the fabspeed page posted below. Up to 234HP, after that the variables are introduced that do not allow absolute comparison.

Thus far I have only seen ONE performance exhaust that makes LESS power than the OE 3.2 muffler on a bone stock engine... The investigation work is ongoing as we work to make changes to the muffler internals to gain more power. The stock muffler has proven it's self and when I figure out how to best post all of my data this will be clear.

Its more than dyno graphs, thing about 28 channels of OBDII/analog data including DB readings, harmonics, fuel economy and both 0-60 and 40-80 MPH tests.

I'll be testing our ECU flashes with the data logger employed in our 2.5 test car at Road Atlanta soon.. Meaning I'll throw my best driver in the car all day and he'll put 4-5 laps on each flash, we'll then pull in the hot pit, rip out a file and replace it then start the data logger again taking notes time after time. It takes a mix of dyno data and practical application to fully develop a product and thats been my specialty.

I don't want to say too much right now... Heck I even have my wife critiquing the different exhaust systems... So far all I see is a lot of hype, lots of noise and not much in the way of real development...
Jake Raby is offline   Reply With Quote