View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 05:48 AM   #9
Bobiam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Raby
I have been evaluating exhaust systems scientifically for the past 2 weeks.. i am almost done with the 2.5 testing and in the middle of the 3.2 testing, the 2.7 will come next.

I have seen HUGE differences with different systems during this... My evaluations are being done for my engine program so lots more than just TQ and HP are being measured. Things like Db levels in the cabin, acceleration, AFR, 0-60 times and 40-80 times as well as drive-ability are being measured..

on top of that Put my Wife in the car with each system and attain notes from her on the differences between systems as well..

More later, but today between two systems tested absolutely back to back on my 2.5 equipped with our stage 3 bolt on kit I saw some extreme differences. No one would believe what the worst system here is if I were to release it, they'd also not believe what the best system is.. I was amazed when I dropped the hammer on the dyno.

The dyno graph would not upload, but the difference was 20HP of loss...

What I see very clearly is that we MUST develop our own aftermarket system for our engines and I am attaining the data to do this the best way possible all around...

More later on my new monthly podcast next week :-)
We really have to watch these results at they develop. What podcasts are you refering to?
As the contributor early in the thread described, it's easy to spend may thousands on a car that is only worth less than $20K, and gain nearly nothing. So, doing it right is critical. Thanks for the efforts, Jake.......

Bob