View Single Post
Old 04-20-2005, 07:41 PM   #6
Perfectlap

I think tinkering with the suspension is not something you want to skimp on. I mean its ok with an inexpensive car like the Miata or a Civic but this a Porsche man! It deserves the best set up you can afford. Go with a full coilover system.
like the Billstein PSS 9. Its $1900 delivered from the link below. The psosibilities in finding the right balance between comfort and performance are enless. I only wish I had a lift because I could spend the whole day charting heghts with compresions. :dance: When a car is dialed in perfectly the carving sensation is fantastic. I spent at least $2000 on my Miata's suspension until I found the perfect set up and it was the best thing I did to enjoy the driving experience. Adjusting that little knob for different settings was my favourite thing about the car. Soft in the City hard on the highway.

Billstein PSS9

The thing is if you go with just lowering springs its a crap shoot. Will your $50,000 car like the new stance? I played this gamble several times and like me you will learn that it can be a disaster. There are many factors that can affect the way your car will take to certain springs unrelated to just the spring rates. How heavy are your wheels and tires? What sways are you running? How worn are your shocks? Suspensions are very sensitive and tinkering with it without the ability to adjust ride height/center of gravity is not something I would want to gamble a $400-$600 mechanic's fee on. With the coilovers you can return the car to the stock height and set teh shocks to full soft. and gradually lower it until you hit the sweetspot in looks and comfort.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 04-20-2005 at 07:55 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote