Thread: waterpump diy?
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 04:08 PM   #2
FrayAdjacent

If you're even slightly mechanically inclined, you CAN replace your water pump yourself. It's easy. I replaced mine about 6 months ago. Cost about $140 for the pump and a new belt (I replaced the belt since I was in there)

I did it all with cheap walmart ramps and without removing the seats.

Take off the carpet covering over the access plate in the cabin, then remove the plate. I think ALL of the bolts are 10mm. Once you're in, you'll be able to see the water pump basically right behind the passenger's azz. A u-joint ratchet extension (one of those thingies that lets you get on at an angle) is a must. One or two of the top bolts are hard to get at, but definitely not too difficult with the right tool.

The biggest pain to me was loosening the hoses. They were a B*TCH.

Don't let that discourage you, if you have a degree of mechanical aptitude, you can get it replaced for well under $200 and a few hours of time.

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote