View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 05:07 AM   #1
edevlin

Trickling Fluid Sound

So, we got some weather here is central virginia this week. Over 8" of snow and power is still out at out house. It got down to 6 degrees last night, so of course I had to see how the Boxster liked the cold weather. Car started up fine even with my lightweigh battery at 7F this morning. I let it warm up for about 10 minutes before I took it for a drive. When I drove it there was a noticable sound from the engine compartment like fluid trickling down or arround.

The engine was at operating temp, and I looked to see if I was leaving a trail of coolant behind me, and did not see any. No warning lights, and normal operating temp. This is the first time I have heard this, and I suspect it is an artifact of the very cold weather. Anyone else had this experience or know what could be going on? BTW, the inner-cooler effect of 7F air does make the car more spunky,

Ed

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote