Thread: 911
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2005, 10:36 AM   #6
986President

I agree with Toolpants. Even if the 911 and Boxster are the same price I would still buy the Boxster. I like the lines and proportions of the car. I love the complete performance and I think my S is fast enough to drive 160 MPH through my town (I wish they would repave the streets with banked corners so I wouldn't have to break when turning) . What I mean to say is how fast is fast enough when you are using it as a vehicle to get to work in? We all rarely can drive over 100 and if we are its only for 2 minutes until the radar detector bleeps.

I am annoyed that Porsche positions the Boxster as an entry level car instead of just a different animal. I know people think of the 911 as the original car but I would argue that the older style 911 is better proportioned than the current one. And if you agree with that then I would further argue that todays 911 is a pig of a car in terms of appearance. I do like what they have done on the front end but the back of a 911 looks like a big fat clumsy butt on a sleek front end. It needs a trailer hitch on the back to complete the picture. I would love to see the Boxster get a new engine and get faster. I would likely buy one but I wouldn't buy a 911 to get that boost.

O.k. I am sure I have started a fight in some way so let er rip...