View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 05:28 PM   #3
Jake Raby
Engine Surgeon

My 2.9 would look exactly like the 2.7 on the outside and would pass any visual.. Thats because you will get ALL your external parts back on the engine when we complete it as a 2.9.

The 3.4 looks different, the intake is vastly different than any Boxster engine.. Not to say that they'd even look at the engine, or be smart enough to tell, BUT its something to consider.

I can create a 2.9 with stock cams, built for torque. This engine would retain all the characteristics necessary to successfully pass a smog test, but I never guarantee that.. I just won't make any blanket statements on a topic with so many variables... One thing is for sure... IF you offer up the info that the car isn't 100% bone stock- it WILL immediately fail!

As for what you should do.. Well, those who buy my engines have no desire to sell their vehicle... They love it the car for what it is and want to strengthen the only real "weak" part of it...

I'd be happy to discuss possibilities with you should you become more interested.
Jake Raby is offline   Reply With Quote