View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 12:45 PM   #2
cnavarro

Don't offer any extra information - they won't notice it's different in either case, whether it's a 2.9 or you put in a 3.4.

That said, the 3.4 route, unless it's a very late model one, isn't a good idea, with how 3.4's drop like flys. Building a larger engine off your 2.7 will let you incorporate all the fixes we do for Flat 6 Innovations, and should be able to make as much power as a factory 3.2 easily and maybe even a 3.4 with some of the additional work Flat 6 is developing.

We in the process of building a 2.9 for my Boxster and I'll have it at Hershey this year for all to see - and I'll be able to answer any and all questions people have about all the R&D we've been doing jointly.

Given the adapability of the motronic to changes and the parameters it's designed to maintain in operation, I don't see why the engine would not pass smog, as long as it looks blatantly stock (i.e. catalytic converters are still there, etc) and there are no CELs.

Regardless of what you do, it will cost roughly the same and just plan on keeping the car if you plan on sinking any more money into it. These are wonderful cars and worth the effort to fix and keep!
Home of Nickies, IMS Retrofit, and IMS Solution

Last edited by cnavarro; 02-22-2009 at 12:47 PM.
cnavarro is offline   Reply With Quote