View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 08:51 PM   #17
trieullionaire

Amp

Hey Chris,

I recommend bypassing the factory amp and use the built in amp of the headunit. I found that using the line level speaker wires from the headunit direct to the speakers was by far the best option if you don't want to spend money on an aftermarket amp. When I had the cdr220 with the stock amp (HAES 4x40 watt), the sound wasn't quite loud enough (mouse squeek when your on the highway)..when I installed the Avic D3, the output level was still horrible. Sound inhibitor imho.

Anyhow, I remembered in my previous car I had a set of polk audio speakers that was wired direct to my Pioneer and it sounded awesome. So I applied the same logic here and am much happy with this set up than using the factory amp. You just need the color codes for the wires so you can tap into it instead of cutting the amp harness up...which if I look hard I'm sure I can find it again somewhere...otherwise, if you look at the actual speakers in your car, you'll see the colors of the wires as well.

My current set up, I have the dash and rear speakers driven by the Avic D3. And the door subs, I have it hooked to a Kicker 2 Channel amp.

Other than this, replace the factory speakers with something descent and you should be pretty satisfied with the results it produces.
trieullionaire is offline   Reply With Quote