View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 07:43 AM   #7
RandallNeighbour

Fastback, the 2003 was when Porsche added a glove box and most importantly, a glass window in the top which means you DON'T HAVE TO GET OUT OF THE FRIGGIN' CAR EVERY TIME YOU DROP THE TOP to crease the plastic so it doesn't crack or tear.

Why they didn't design it this way earlier is beyond me.

The 03's and 04's also had the most revisions done to them and will probably end up being the most reliable 986 models on the road.

The 2000 S with lower mileage is a much better car to be looking at IMO, but it's still a 9 year old car.

I will never buy another old, out of warranty Porsche. My next one will be a 2 year old garage queen with a 100k CPO warranty. I will also beat PCNA to death with their own stick (the CPO warranty). I will work overtime to make them pay for their crappy workmanship at every opportunity. Every Houston dealership's service department will know me and hate my guts for the way I constantly bring the car in for squeaks and leaks and everything else I can find wrong with the car.

I love the car, the prestige of ownership of the badge, and the handling and balance of the boxster/cayman... I just hate the corner cutting that Porsche has done.

One more thing: Never buy a sports car without having a four wheel laser alignment done on the car before you sign the papers for it. A bent subframe or slightly bent control arm is very hard to detect on a rack visually, but the equipment never lies. If the car cannot be brought into perfect alignment, walk away from it. Someone's slammed it up against a curb at least once.

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 02-20-2009 at 07:48 AM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote