View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 05:32 AM   #1
Fastback

Seeking advice on buying a 2000 2.7

Hey guys,

So I just got done looking at a really really nice 2000 2.7L boxster and even though the car is beautiful (interior and exterior is A1) I noticed two problems that may make me want to walk away from it.

1. Car has a rpm idle issue. I noticed while sitting in traffic that the car was feeling a little shakey at times and saw that the rpm's (under 1k idle) was bouncing between the 3rd/4th marker on the tac. causing the car to have a slight vibration. Any ideas what could be causing this?

2. He has maint. records for the car which is great, but he had the spark plugs changed and I guess the mechanic didn't do a very good job replacing the plugs. Essentially, he cracked the plastic sleeves causing some oil to get in there. The owner took the car back to shop after he noticed some smells and a drip. It was fixed after that. I don't know if this could dmg the engine or not so looking for some advice on this one.

The car has 95k on it, but honestly it drives like it's new. All the usuals were replaced already coolant tank at 85k and clutch at 65k.

Thanks for the help guys!

I'll be getting a PPI done at porsche dealer.

Last edited by Fastback; 02-20-2009 at 06:22 AM.
Fastback is offline   Reply With Quote