View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 09:58 PM   #6
Kirk

My feel on the general concensus is that sway bars do not fatigue and wear out. I think you'll be fine in the rear with the bar that you have now. The sway bar bushings may be another matter though. You certainly may want to refresh those, but not the bar.

I agree that the front bar seems to be more critical than the rear. Go check out the Boxster Spec board at www.boxsterspec.com. They've often discussed the best bar setup for racing and autocross. It seems that just recently I read about some folks doing SCCA autocross very successfully with just the stock or M030 bars in the rear. However, almost everyone switches the front to the GT3 bar.

I've personally got the GT3 in the front and stock S bar in the rear and the car feels very neutral. I want some adjustability to play with, so I'm planning to go to Tarett in the rear, but given how well balanced it is right now I'm in no hurry.

Kirk
1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote