View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 07:36 AM   #7
Lil bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhandy
You are correct, you do not keep your CD changer. but i dont care. I have an Ipod and SAT reciever clogging up my bin and honestly looking very getto. This thing will be hidden away. cant see it.
Instead of CDs rolling aorund my car, getting scratched, i only have to carry a few USB thumb drives.
Also My Ipod is FM modulated, and that is horriable. To hardwire it, I would have to loose the CD changer anyway, but I would have this silly IPOD stuck in the front, falling off when I turn, bumping it when I shift, again getto.

We will see. I will try to document the install and performance. Now i just need to get new speakers.

Any suggestions on Stock fitting speakers? Which ones are the best ever?

James
Thanks, I look forward to your impressions of your new setup.

Can't tell you which aftermarket speakers have a stock fit, but imho, I believe the best car audio speakers on the market today are either CDT's EuroSport series (ES) or Focal's Utopia BE series. Far superior to anything from MBQ, Infinity, JL or such.

Neither comes cheap, and they are distinctively different in their sound, imaging and presence so you'll need to hear them before deciding which you like best.

Don't know if they'll be a direct swap, but again imho, I'd go to some extent to custom fit them if I had to, they're both that good.

Again, good luck!

1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!

Last edited by Lil bastard; 02-19-2009 at 08:05 AM.
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote