View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 10:17 PM   #4
Lil bastard

OK, I see now, You can use it with the CDR-220. But I'm unclear as to whether this allows retention of the CD player or not. Most of the conversions out there require that you take the CD player out of the loop and this one seems to do the same thing.

Reading the thread at Pelican, it appears as if there are only 594 songs available as the CDR-220 HU will only select from up to 6 CDs (CD1, CD2 and so on up to CD6) each with up to 99 songs, equalling 594, not 990 songs. It is the HU not the interface which is the limiting factor.

I see a real advantage as a USB interface, but not for the iPod. For only 1/10th the cost, you can get this iPod connector: iPod connector . You'll also have to wire up the charging cables for the iPod, but the Telephone circuit will provide this. For the fairly limited music library available, the Solisto seems pretty expensive to me.

The Solisto w/ cables and S/H will set you back about $336.00 USD, while a 120GB iPod Classic, a holder and the cable I linked above will run you $250, almost $90 less, and you get waay more than 600 songs. You will have to work the iPod thumbwheel instead of the radio controls.

I'm not trying to be rude or condecsending, I just don't think I get it.
1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote