View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 08:23 PM   #1
yellowboxster01

stumped, need help

I started a project and originally I was just going to remove my Stebro exhaust to install the stock exhaust again. The reasoning for that is I'm custom making baffles for the exhaust because, I've noticed the drone physically hurts my ears. Anyway, I figured while I was at it, I should go ahead and install these. Maybe that wasn't the best idea. The bolts naturally after being on there since 01' under extreme heat, are breaking off. I have a substance that is specifically for rusted bolts but, even after being soaked in it for several hours they broke off. Not a big deal, I used to restore cars so, a broken bolt isn't anything I don't know how to do.

However, my question is how in the hell do I get to the top bolt? I'm talking about the bolt coming off the header on the topside when you're under the car? I can't get my slimmest wrench in between the bolt and whatever is right behind it. Do I need to modify a wrench to fit in there? Is there something else I need to take off to get to it? My theory is that if I can get the bolt at least broken off, I should be able to just pull on the mid-pipes enough to release them from the header. I've purchased new hardware anyway.

I really am stumped and my only car is down now, good thing for nice weather I'll be able to ride the bike tomorrow.

Please give me some insight. I don't want to take it to the shop for them to all laugh at my misfortune.
yellowboxster01 is offline   Reply With Quote