View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 09:29 AM   #6
23109VC

in THAT weather - I'd want a winter/beater car. If you have a garage, put the Boxster inside and keep it there.

I don't know your situation - single vs family, or whether you can realistically afford another car - given you just dropped 30k+ for a two seater "toy" type car, I'm guessing you could afford a few more grand for a beater.

i have a DD and the boxster is a weekend/fun car. I think it makes me appreciate the boxster even more because after a few days of driving around my DD - the Boxster is a welcome relief from car boredom.

given the horrible economy - you shoudl be able to find some decent used car or truck that is clean and reliable for not too much money.

having one car for FUN and one car for ERRANDS/COMMUTING is the way to go. i had a 4 door "hot rod" fast sedan - and while it was fun - it is better to have one car that justg "gets you around" and a separate car that is "all about fun".

oh I almost forgot - NICE CAR!!! I like it! I have a 2000 base and the ONLY car I would want to upgrade to woudl be a newer S. Mine is blue too. great color!!!!
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote