Thread: Eibach springs?
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 07:59 AM   #9
Kirk

Randall, you are confusing me. Our cars already have adjustable control arms and toe arms, both of which are adjusted with eccentric bolts. When lowering a car it's hard to adjust the camber because of limited adjustment of the toe. So.... people then buy these Tarett (other brands are available) adjustable toe arms which simply give you a greater range of adjustment. That way you can dial in toe AND get less negative camber.

I assume that when you say you're installing adjustable "control arms" you mean "toe arms", right? I'm asking because there are adjustable control arms for the GT3 which use a shim along with the eccentric bolt to give you MORE negative camber. I guess maybe you could use the GT3 control arms in the rear (I thought they're mostly/only used in the front, but maybe you can use them in the rear on the Box) with minimal shim to get the camber in spec, but this would be a pretty pricey option compared to just using the adjustable toe arms.

Kirk
1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote