Thread: More brake woes
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 07:13 AM   #1
TimAustinW

Send a message via Yahoo to TimAustinW
More brake woes

Hey Guys,

So a few months ago I replaced all four rotors and brake pads. My brakes still squeal and I am at the end of my rope. Braking hard (italian breakjob) does not work or doesn't last for long. There is no pattern to the problem. It doesn't matter if the car was recently cleaned or if it's filthy (which is rare). It kinda pisses me off considering these are supposed to be some of the best brakes you can get. I won't accept my mechanics answer of "Just turn your stereo up"

If I am driving next to a wall or anything that will reflect the sound I can hear the rear pads making contact even without pressing the brake pedal. Any ideas? I'm using the Mintex red box pads and new R1 Concepts rotors.

Thanks,

TimW
02 Seal Grey, NHP Headers w/ Highflow Cats/2ndary Bypass Pipes, smoked side markers/3rd brake light, exterior match interior trim, 986 Lloyds Mats, 986 deck lid emblem, arctic silver intake grills, ipod link, painted calipers, Glass Window Robbins Top with defroster kit, Bose Sound System, Leather lower door panels, Console Lid w embroidered crest; Stainless door sills; Painted Bumperettes; Custom Hood Crest
TimAustinW is offline   Reply With Quote