View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 11:39 PM   #2
Brad Roberts

Do you hear the fuel pump? or have you checked fuel pressure? I hate to sound like a broken record.. BUT.. engines require two things to run: fuel and spark. Both are simple to check for. Pull one side of the fuel rail off and have somebody crank the engine. WATCH for the injectors to fire (I fire them into a rag or multiple glass jars so I can watch the spray pattern). Watching the spray pattern will give me an idea of what the pressure is without putting a gauge on it.

Spark? Pull an ignition coil out and stick a used spark plug in it. Ground the plug, have someone turn the car over and you watch for spark at the plug.

Now, bad things: IMS failure will bend all the valves on one side of the engine (if not more) and will build NO compression on that side, but will typically spin freely

B
We have worked with amateur and professional drivers for over 26 years. In house machinist, In house fabrication. Our cars, our parts, our engines, our transmission's run nationwide at events every weekend. We work side by side with industry names developing parts.
Brad Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote