View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 02:26 PM   #1
mrfredsporty

driving impressions of my new used boxster

well, my new friends, as many of you know i got a used 02 basic boxster a couple of weeks ago. ive driven so many different cars, whew! when you reach my age (almost 65) you have a lot of experiences. well, here we go: first of all, its a great feeling (duh) to actually be in one. surprising to me is how isolated from the road it feels. that is im used to feeling rocks pebbles etc. the acceleration is so so until you get revs way up. the sound is very muted. i also find that i can get boxy to hop sideways or twitch fairly easily. may be the good year eagles. the lack of noise with the top up is a very good surprise. so, im actually loving it very much. you know its sadly funny that im still worried about the engine suddenly just going boom. it is so smoothe though that i keep my fingers crossed it does not. ive attached my scan guge 2 to it. this a great instrument that can measure every thing form revs to water temp as well as gas mileage. seems to be pretty easy to hit 29 mpg. hoping to hit 30 soon. the driving positon is good for me and it is very easy to drive in the very old sportscar style of almost straight arm . so comfy. how do others feel? thanks fred from nashville
mrfredsporty is offline   Reply With Quote