View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 08:49 PM   #57
bkiersz

When did you decide you wanted one?
Early on. Grew up in a Ford family so worked my way through Mustangs and a Taurus SHO, but was always a fan.

How long did it take to finally purchase it?
Just picked mine up last year, so that would be 21 years.

How old where you then, and now?
16 then. 37 now.

Is there anything you would have done differently?
Not really. I wasn't even seriously considering it until a friend of mine that had the car called me and reminded me of all the times that I told him if he ever wanted to sell it let me know. Well he had just bought a Harley and said that in convertible weather he would rather ride the bike so if I was still interested he would sell. Only had 18k miles and had been babied to the point of having the wheel wells wiped clean after each infrequent drive. Because I know it was taken care of and it was all black (which is what all my cars have been and always will be) it was a no-brainer.

Quick word of advice for a young person trying to save for one?
Careful what you wish for. One of my best friends in California bought a Boxster when he moved out there and loved it. Had it in for service and called me saying he was on the sales floor drooling over a 911 Carrera convertible. Called me later that night from the new 911 having a blast. Sold the car 3 months later. After the initial adrenaline rush, he came to realize that he liked the Boxster a whole lot more. Costly impulse buy.
bkiersz is offline   Reply With Quote