View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 04:43 PM   #4
FUHRIUS

thanks

# of pic difference is simply because some people only look at a few of the pics...not all of them.

a couple questions for you, from your sig:
- Smartop- is that the one-push top open / close mod? I did that to my car via techart software as well...one of the best mods!
- what's the diagnostics thing you mention.

thanks for the car compliment. I bought this car in '04, used, with 24k miles and the prior owner had totally gone to town on it. I never would have spent the money on the mods he did (the stereo and radar / laser stuff...wow! though I like the stereo and the laser stuff has saved me a few bucks ;-)...

and the techart engine stuff...well...that package was almost $8k installed...I would not have spent that...but I must say, the sound of this car is absolutely heavenly. I had it in to have it smogged last week and all the shop guys were standing around saying stuff like: "that's a Porsche?! I've never heard a Porsche that sounds like that"

Oh, and it passed smog with flying colors even though it's missing 2 of 4 cats and has super high flow mufflers. turns out it's less polluting than a stock boxster s!

I've been away from the board for awhile...but I gotta say, there's no car out there that pleases the way a boxster does.

Last comment: the TechArt guys claim the side scoops add 3 hp. I doubt that very seriously. But their larger size does make a nice statement.