View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 09:01 AM   #8
23109VC

I bought my 2000 base to use a weekend / fun car - but the prior owner was my dad - I bought it from him when he decided to let it go.

HE used it as his DD for about 5 years. he bought it with 25k miles and I bought it from him with just under 75k. he put about 10k/year - and had no major problems at all.

he had an extended warranty, and under warranty, he did get a new top, new dash (leather was defective) and all new cats - those suckers were not cheap - but the warranty paid....

he had no instances where hte car broke down, refused to start, etc. it was a very reliable car for him - i'm hoping that now as I only drive it on Friday and the weekends - that it willc ontinue to be trouble free...

despite the fact that I used mine as a toy car - if I didn't already have a beater to drive around to work/back and if I wasn't trying to make THIS boxxter LAST as long as possible - I'd GLADLY drive it every day.

driving to work in my DD is just "driving". boring. i listen to the radio and drink my coffee. the car gets me there. nothign exciting.

driving to work i teh boxster is fun. I look forward to firing it up, putting the top dow, and taking the various turns on the way to the office. totally difference experience. trips to the grocery store to get milk can be FUN - it all depends on what you're driving.

if you have the money to maintain it, and can afford a nice car like a boxster as a DD - you will love it.

because it has two trunks - you will be VERY surpised at how much you can fit in teh car. you're not going to fit as much into it as you will in an SUV - but for routine trips to the grocery store, etc - you can fit quite a bit of stuff into the car.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote